Spicy Sausage and Fennel
- 1 pound pork sausage links sliced
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 large fennel bulbs chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- In a large crock cooker, place all ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Add a big salad of baby spinach and sliced beets, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 435 Calories; 35g Fat (70.9% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 761mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!