Spicy Mustard Cabbage Salad with Fish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bunches asparagus spears ends trimmed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound tuna cut into fillets
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 large shallot minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté this mixture for 5 minutes, or until asparagus starts to sweat. Transfer to an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- To the same skillet, add the tuna and season with salt and pepper. Sear each side for 3 minutes, until light brown crust forms.
- Transfer tuna onto the same aluminum foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 3 ingredients (garlic through sesame seeds) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove the tuna and asparagus from the oven and drizzle the coconut aminos mixture over the top. Toss the asparagus. Place both baking sheets back in the oven.
- Bake the asparagus for 5 more minutes, until bright green and golden brown on the outside.
- Bake the tuna for 10 more minutes, until flakes easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Serve tuna and asparagus with the salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!