Southwestern Grilled Salmon Salad
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 avocados peeled and chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 salmon steaks 6-ounce
- 6 cups mesclun mix or salad greens
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- In a blender or food processor, add 5 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 of an avocado, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Blend 1 minute until combined.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, over medium high heat grill fish 3 to 4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add mesclun, remaining avocado, olives, tomatoes and toss with avocado vinaigrette. Serve salmon on top of salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use Tempeh instead of salmon steaks. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 488 Calories; 30g Fat; 41g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 500mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!