Southwest Steak Stir- Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound beef steak cubed, cut of your choice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients (steak through bell peppers); cook for 5 minutes or until beef cubes have browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (tomatoes through cumin). Reduce skillet heat to low; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until beef cubes reach desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 204 Calories; 14g Fat (60.6% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 40mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain( Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!