Slow Cooked Spicy Sausage Soup
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage, garlic and onion. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, or until just brown.
- In a large crock cooker, place the sausage mixture and the next 8 ingredients (cabbage through salt and pepper).
- Stir well and cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- To the crock cooker, add the fennel, spinach and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours, until the sausage is cooked through, sausage is cooked to medium and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!