Skillet Steaks with Sesame Ginger Brussels Sprouts
- 4 medium petit beef fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups lengthwise halved large Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Place steaks in a large shallow bowl, coat well on all sides with coconut oil then salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat a large skillet or grill pan to medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove steaks from skillet or grill pan and allow them to cool slightly.
- In the same skillet, add remaining ingredients (garlic through gingerroot); salt and pepper to taste then cook mixture for 10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and have browned around the edges.
- Serve with steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas. NUTRITION: 341 Calories; 27g Fat (72.3% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 64mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!