Shrimp and Sweet Onion Skewers
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 large sweet onion cut into wedges
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 4 cups mixed spring lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 6 ingredients (shrimp through coconut aminos).
- On individual skewers, alternately thread each ingredient.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink and the onion is tender.
- Serve skewers on a bed of lettuce and drizzle lemon juice on top. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 218 Calories; 5g Fat (22.5% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!