Shrimp and Kale Soup
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the first 7 ingredients (chicken broth through kale).
- Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender.
- To the soup, add the shrimp.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until shrimp, is pink and cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg, salad veggies, and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and diced tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 235 Calories; 3g Fat (10.4% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 861mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!