Shaved Carrot and Steak Salad
- 1/2 pound beef steak cut of your choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 cups shaved carrots using a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a large bowl, whisk together next 5 ingredients (olive oil through honey); pour mixture over the steak then seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Place steak on preheated grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved. Remove steak from grill; allow it to cool, then slice.
- In a large bowl, toss together steak slices, carrots, raisins and almonds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice, olive oil and shallot); pour mixture over salad then toss.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over baby spinach. Add sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. NUTRITION: 338 Calories; 23g Fat (58.5% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 59mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!