Shallot Balsamic Steaks
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts halved and steamed
- Prepare marinade in a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT steak and Brussels sprouts; pulse until slightly smooth.
- Place steak in a large zipper topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top.
- Seal bag and turn to coat steak with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place the steak and Brussels in a large roasting pan and cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the brussels are tender and the steak is cooked to the desired doneness.
- Place reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until reduced and thickened; serve over steak.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!