Sausage Chili Verde
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 small green chilis diced
- 4 large tomatillos chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a large bowl, thoroughly blend together first 4 ingredients (sausage through coriander).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage mixture and the onion; cook for 10 minutes or until sausage has browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (green chilies through broth).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chili in bowls topped with chopped green onions and cilantro. Serve a big salad on the side; toss with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 447 Calories; 38g Fat (76.4% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 831mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!