Salmon with Spicy Nectarine Salsa
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 large salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 cup cubed nectarines fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 large bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 2 large lemons (zest of 1 and juice of both)
- Heat a skillet, to medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the salmon skin side down and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes then flip over and add half of the garlic to the skillet. Cook to the desired doneness and then remove the salmon from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the nectarines through the jalapeno and remaining garlic. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Season with salt and pepper and then remove from the heat.
- Steam the asparagus and then season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and zest.
- Serve the salmon and asparagus spooning over the nectarine salsa.
Serving Suggestion: Coleslaw (Shredded cabbage and carrot with salt and pepper to taste, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil. Also, a bit of stevia can be added for sweetness.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!