Roasted Vegetable Frittata
- 6 small red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large bell pepper any color new, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large zucchini cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to tast
- 6 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- On a large baking sheet, add potatoes, peppers, zucchinis, mushrooms, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Bake for 30 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, cheese, basil and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet heat to a low heat, add vegetables and pour the egg mixture on top.
- Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until eggs are set.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the top is golden.
- Top with avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed Salad lettuce (not iceberg), salad veggies (of your choice) and salad dressing. VEGETARIAN: No changes. NUTRITION: 361 Calories; 23g Fat (54.6% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 237mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!