Roasted Chicken and Root Vegetables
- 1 pound chicken livers (or 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs), chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 large parsnips chopped
- 2 large turnips chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (chicken livers through rosemary).
- In a large Dutch oven, place all the ingredients and cover. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Uncover Dutch oven and cook an additional 15 minutes, until vegetables are brown around the edges and tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed baby greens tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 313 Calories; 9g Fat (23.9% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!