Roast Turkey and Sun- Dried Tomato Pita
- 4 8-inch low carb pita bread pockets for even lower carbs use Romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 ounces sliced roasted deli turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut the pita in half. Open the halves and arrange the turkey and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cabbage through the salt and pepper. Spoon some of this slaw mixture into the pitas along with the sage and tomatoes. Serve right away.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. GLUTEN FREE: Use butter lettuce leaves in place of the pita. Make sure that the turkey meat is gluten free. Make sure that the mayo and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 561 Calories; 11g Fat; 83g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 19g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 1569mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; ½ Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!