Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops
- In a large skillet over over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- To the skillet, add the pork chops and bring sauce to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until pork is no longer pink in the center. Serve pork warm with sauce over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 417 Calories; 34g Fat (72.5% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 133mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!