Plum Sauce Fish and Turnips
- 3 large plums pitted and halved
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 clove garlic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium fillets firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 2 cups chopped turnips
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub plums with coconut oil and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until tender.
- In a food processor, place plums and the honey, garlic and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large crock cooker, place the fish and turnips. Pour plum sauce over the fish and cover. Cook on
- LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until fish flakes easily with a fork and turnips are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 270 Calories; 4g Fat (14.1% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 168mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!