Pineapple Chicken Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red chili pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- 1 cup frozen chopped pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients (onion through chicken); cook for 10 minutes or until chicken has browned and vegetables are slightly tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (pineapple through salt and pepper).
- Reduce skillet heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pineapple is tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.) Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: 495 Calories; 34g Fat; 27g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 133mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!