Peruvian Grilled Chicken
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ears corn boiled for 5 minutes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a medium bowl, add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, honey, cumin, paprika, sea salt and freshly ground pepper and chicken to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cut corn from cobb and place in a medium bowl, add remaining olive oil, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken with corn salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed small new red potatoes with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 430 Calories; 11g Fat (23.0% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!