Pear and Bacon Spinach Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small pear chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes or until brown and very crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, layer spinach, shallot, cucumber, pecans, pear and chopped cooked bacon.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coconut cream through salt and pepper); pour dressing over the salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced beets (cooked or raw) drizzled with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with minced fresh rosemary. NUTRITION: 611 Calories; 49g Fat (72.4% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1385mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!