Parsnip and Cilantro Shrimp Slaw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 large leek chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded parsnips
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the skillet, add the shrimp, leek and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients. To the parsnip mixture, add the shrimp mixture, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice(Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 317 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!