Parmesan Beef Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients (beef through salt and pepper).
- Oil a large loaf pan with coconut oil and press beef mixture into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes then pour ketchup and chives on top.
- Bake for 20 more minutes, until meatloaf is no longer pink in the center and firm.
- Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste and ketchup are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 540 Calories; 37g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 212mg Cholesterol; 739mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!