Oregano Lemon Salmon with Asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 medium bunch asparagus spears ends trimmed
- Place each salmon fillet on a large sheet of aluminum foil; rub with ghee, oregano, salt and pepper then top with a lemon slice and some tomatoes.
- Next to each fillet, place 2 to 4 sprigs of asparagus.
- Seal foil packages tightly then place them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Arugula and Radish Salad: In a large bowl, toss together arugula and thinly sliced radishes. In a small bowl, whisk together some Dijon mustard, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper; drizzle mixture over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 273 Calories; 13g Fat (42.7% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!