Orange Garlic Chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken livers (or boneless skinless chicken thighs), chopped
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large summer squash chopped
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- Add the chicken livers, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet. Cook for
- 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of Cauli-rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 213 Calories; 8g Fat (33.6% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 101mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!