Mediterranean Chicken and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub chicken with coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Allow chicken to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the next 5 ingredients (lettuce through cheese).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (lemon juice through thyme) and pour over the salad.
- Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 318 Calories; 18g Fat (51.1% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 264mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!