Marinated Shrimp with Wild Greens and Avocado
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 large shallots chopped
- 6 cups chopped dandelion greens or use any greens preferred
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 medium avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large zip top bag, place the shrimp through the thyme. Seal the bag and shake to combine. Place in the refrigerator and let marinade for at least 4 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee over medium-high heat. Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, or until it is cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the shallots and greens to the skillet and season with the salt and pepper. Pour over the broth and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until the greens are tender.
- Take the tails off the shrimp and serve with the greens right away and top with avocado.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!