Limey Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (shrimp through lettuce), and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (oil through salt and pepper); pour dressing over the shrimp salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed baby carrots and snow peas (Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 461 Calories; 31g Fat (58.7% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 197mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!