Lemony Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 large yellow bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions chopped (only the light green and white parts)
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a medium sauce pan, add lentils and cover with water. Over medium heat cook lentils 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- In small bowl, add olive oil and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add lentils, peppers, cucumbers, scallions, olives, tomatoes, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, dill, lemon vinaigrette and top with goat cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure lentils and black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 384 Calories; 19g Fat (42.7% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 17g Dietary Fiber; 20mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!