Lemon Thyme Chicken and Cauliflower Salad
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Rub chicken with coconut oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill; cook for 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Remove from grill, allow chicken to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, toss together next 4 ingredients (arugula through olives); add chopped chicken and toss again.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through chopped thyme); pour dressing over the salad then toss again and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 290 Calories; 16g Fat (49.7% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 164mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!