Lemon Parsley Chicken
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Aluminum foil
- In a shallow bowl, place coconut milk. In a medium bowl, add next 7 ingredients (almond flour through parsley); stir to combine.
- Coat each chicken breast half with coconut milk then dredge in almond flour mixture, covering completely. Place on a plate and set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with the 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Using aluminum foil wrap, make 4 packets by folding a square of foil in half, crimping the two side edges and leaving the tops open. Place a coated chicken breast half inside each packet then fold the top to seal. Place chicken packets on the grill; cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side then remove from grill and set aside to cool slightly before opening the packets.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together broccoli florets, olive oil, salt and pepper, coating broccoli well. Transfer broccoli to a grill plate/basket and cook on grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add “baked” sweet potatoes (no need to heat the oven) just wash, but do not dry, medium-sized sweet potatoes and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until tender. NUTRITION: 481 Calories; 35g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 116mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!