Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound dry angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- Cook pasta according to directions on box, drain, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the honey, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon pepper, salt, pepper and thyme. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and coat with with lemon pepper seasoning. Cook chicken for 10 minutes, turning with a spatula to cook evenly.
- Cooking time may vary based on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Turn heat to medium-low, and add the sauce.
- Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through. Stir throughout.
- Add pasta to skillet with the chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use portabella mushroom caps in place of the chicken. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta in place of the regular, and also make sure that the vinegar and lemon pepper are gluten free. NUTRITION: 632 Calories; 9g Fat; 64g Protein; 70g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 415mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!