Lemon Broccoli Chicken Bake
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- In a large baking dish, layer the broccoli, spinach, and onion.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining 6 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper) with the chicken.
- Pour the chicken mixture on top of the spinach and cover.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee; salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 229 Calories; 7g Fat (25.0% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!