Jalapeño Tomato Beef Enchiladas
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small jalapeños minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 3 small avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together first 7 ingredients (chili powder through garlic).
- Cook sauce for 10 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef and onion; cook, crumbling beef, for 10 minutes or until beef has browned and onion is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut cabbage in half and remove core.
- Carefully peel off cabbage leaves then fill each with about 1/4 cup of ground beef/onion mixture and roll up.
- Place cabbage rolls, seam sides down, in a large baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Yellow Squash and Green Beans: In a skillet, cook and stir sliced yellow squash and halved green beans in melted ghee until slightly softened (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in halved cherry tomatoes, chopped fresh parsley, ground coriander, salt and pepper; cook and stir until tomatoes have softened (5 to 10 minutes). NUTRITION: 522 Calories; 40g Fat; 27g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 271mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!