Italian Grilled Shrimp and Cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- Mix the first seven ingredients in a large bowl until completely blended.
- Add shrimp and cauliflower and toss until they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Skewer all the shrimp and cauliflower on metal grill skewers. Place the skewers on grill and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turnover and cook 2 minutes more or until opaque in the center and the cauliflower are tender.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the seasonings are gluten free. NUTRITION: 400 Calories; 18g Fat; 49g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 368mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!