Guacamole Mushroom Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup coconut oil divided
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 2 medium avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt, pepper and onion powder. Form mixture into 4 patties then place them on the preheated grill; cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until burgers are no longer pink in the center.
- Place mushroom caps in a large shallow dish; coat both sides with half of the coconut oil then season with salt and pepper. Brush grill grate with remaining coconut oil then place mushroom caps on grill; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until softened.
- On 4 of the mushroom caps, layer a burger, sliced tomato, avocado and onion, then chopped spinach.
- Top each with remaining mushroom caps and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 505 Calories; 35g Fat (57.8% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!