Grilled Steak with Olive Relish
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 cups black olives pitted, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a small bowl, add red onion, cilantro, olives, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add steak, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Serve with olive relish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: 398 Calories; 27g Fat (62.1% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 505mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!