Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- DRESSING of your choice
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until completely blended. Add shrimp and toss until they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook for 3 minutes. Turnover and cook 2 minutes more or until opaque in the center.
- Toss the next 4 ingredients together (tomato through arugula), and top with shrimp and dressing of your choice. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant in place of the shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure spices are gluten free. NUTRITION: 293 Calories; 12g Fat; 33g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 235mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!