Grilled Sausage and Broccoli Salad
- 4 large pork sausage links
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small shallot minced
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Place sausages on preheated grill; cook for 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove sausages from grill, allow them to cool, then slice.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and onion; cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp and onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl, place sliced sausage along with broccoli and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through shallot); pour mixture over sausage, broccoli and onion. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried sliced zucchini, mushrooms and red bell peppers on the side. NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 25g Fat (72.5% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 229mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!