Grilled Marinated Sirloin
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Place steak in large bowl and add the remaining 5 ingredients (salt and pepper through thyme) making sure all the steak is covered. Place tin foil on bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove steak from bowl and place it directly on grill. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Turn steak over and brush with leftover marinade from bowl. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from grill. Allow meat to rest 5 minutes under a tin foil cover before slicing and serving warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 474 Calories; 37g Fat (70.9% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 89mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!