Grilled Maple Chili Turkey Loin
- 1 turkey loin 1- to 2-pound
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate turkey for 2 hours (see recipe). Place turkey in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a large bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (maple syrup through chicken broth). Pour half of the sauce over the turkey then seal the bag and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Cover bowl and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Place turkey on the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove turkey from grill; allow it to cool, then slice.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale, collard greens and lemon juice then salt and pepper to taste. Cook and toss for 5 minutes or until greens are slightly tender.
- Pour remaining sauce over the turkey and serve greens on the side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes (no need to heat the oven) – just wash, but do not dry, medium-sized sweet potatoes and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until tender. NUTRITION: 295 Calories; 12g Fat (36.4% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!