Grilled Chimichurri Steak
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chili seeded and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a food processor, add onion, garlic, cilantro, chili, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add steak and marinade and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and baked russet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 322 Calories; 20g Fat (58.0% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!