Ginger Grilled Steak with Zucchini Sauce
- 1 1/2 pound sirloin steak
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 thinly sliced scallions
- Cut steak into 4 equal portions. Pound out the meat firmly on a cutting board with a mallet until 1/2 inch thick. Season the steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together broth, soy sauce, ginger and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Melt butter in olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When butter is melted add steak.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, turning over when steak is well browned but pink in the middle. Place on plate to rest covered with tin foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet cook the zucchini until golden brown on all sides. Stir in the broth mixture and pour into pan on high heat. Bring to a boil and continue to stir another 2 minutes until thickened.
- Pour sauce and zucchini over steak. Drizzle sesame oil over steak and sprinkle with scallions. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the broth, soy sauce and sesame oil are all gluten free. Use arrowroot powder in place of the cornstarch. NUTRITION: 433 Calories; 30g Fat; 34g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 112mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!