Ginger Beef and Asparagus Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar divided
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce divided
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1/2 large red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the sirloin with one tablespoon each of the red wine vinegar and coconut aminos and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons each of red wine vinegar and coconut aminos with the chicken broth. Stir in the next 3 ingredients (garlic through 2 tablespoons avocado oil). Set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium high heat, add the remaining avocado oil. When oil is hot, add meat to the skillet in a single layer. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side to brown, and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to the skillet. Stir in the asparagus, carrots and peppers. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover with lid and then let cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove the lid and cook until water has evaporated.
- Add the garlic mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat. Add the beef back into the pan and toss until the sauce thickens and everything is well coated. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Serving Suggestion: Simple arugula salad--add fresh blueberries, pine nuts or slivered almonds and vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!