Ghee Topped Steak with Lime Brussels
- 4 8-oz New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or use olive oil
- 5 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 large lime zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Rub the steaks with oil and salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder and place on the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness and then set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the avocado oil. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Serve Brussels sprouts over the steak topped with ghee.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!