Garlic and Mushroom Steak Salad
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound steak chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (steak through salt and pepper) and cook for 10 minutes, until steak is to desired level of doneness and mushrooms are tender.
- Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the steak mixture and the lettuce, radishes, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 3 ingredients (olive oil through vinegar) along with sea salt and
- freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 456 Calories; 41g Fat (79.4% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 62mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!