Curry Steak and Mango Skewers
- 1 pound steak of choice, chopped
- 1 large mango peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground yellow curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (steak through cilantro) and thread each ingredient onto large skewers. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until steak is cooked to desired level of doneness and fruit and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 348 Calories; 25g Fat (64.3% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!