Cucumber Fig Salad
- 1 pound wild salmon cooked, chopped
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 large figs sliced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon chopped leek
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients (salmon through figs).
- In a small bowl whisk the remaining ingredients, and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 303 Calories; 15g Fat; 30g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!