Crock Cooker: Squash Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 2 14-oz. cans tomato sauce
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in the crock cooker.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place the 2 halves of squash in the cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Roll the ground beef into balls and put them all around the squash.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs and squash are cooked through.
- Use a large fork to pull squash apart to make the noodles. Top with meatballs and sauce.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the canned goods and seasonings are all gluten free. NUTRITION: 438 Calories; 32g Fat (65.4% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 843mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!