Crisp Turkey Burritos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- 1 package low carb tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown ground turkey, breaking up with a wooden spoon until cooked through. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onion, sea salt and ground pepper to the turkey and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the turkey mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the turkey along with some slices of tomato. Wrap up the tortillas burrito style and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the burritos, seam side down in the skillet. Fry wraps for 2 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp and brown.
- Cut in half and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; season with salt, pepper, ground cumin, chopped green onions and lime juice to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 275 Calories; 19g Fat (62.1% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 231mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!