Creamy Chicken and Cabbage Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 2 cups chopped Napa cabbage (or use regular green cabbage)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the next 7 ingredients (chicken broth through mushrooms) and stir. Cover soup and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Using a large soup-spoon, spoon soup into bowls and top with avocado and basil. Serve warm.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!